The Etobicoke Humane Society is comprised entirely of volunteers. They are the lifeblood of our organization and the reason we are able to offer services to the hundreds of rescued animals who come to our shelter each year.
There are a few things to consider before filling out a volunteer application:
- Volunteers must be at least 14 years and up to volunteer on the cat team. Cat volunteers 14-16 years of age must be accompanied by a guardian for all shifts.
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years of age for the dog team
- We ask for a minimum 6 month commitment for all volunteers
- We require proof of a current tetanus shot
- We require proof of current vaccinations for personal pets
- It will take approximately a month for us to respond to volunteer applications
- Must be available for an interview
Please read the Frequently Asked Questions before completing a volunteer application.
Please click a link below to complete the application in the area you wish to volunteer (you may complete more than one application).
Current Open Positions:
We have several volunteer job opportunities available. Click here for Job Descriptions.
General Volunteer Forms
If you are interested in volunteering with the cat shelter, please fill out this cat volunteer application form.
To get in touch with the Cat Shelter, or follow-up on your application, please email: catvolunteering@
If you are interested in volunteering with the dog shelter, please fill out this dog volunteer application form.
For General Office or Fundraising/Public Relations positions, please fill out this administrative form.
For specialized positions within management team, please visit: Active Positions
Board of Directors:
To volunteer for a position on our Board of Directors, please visit: Current Board Positions
If you’re in grades 7-12 and looking for an animal-related volunteer opportunity, please visit our Student Volunteer Program page.
General Volunteer Inquiries
For inquiries and volunteer application submissions, please email: email@example.com