The Etobicoke Humane Society is comprised entirely of volunteers. They are the lifeblood of our organization and the reason we are able to offer services to the hundreds of rescued animals who come to our shelter each year.
There are a few things to consider before filling out a volunteer application:
- Volunteers must be at least 14 years and up to volunteer on the cat team. Cat volunteers 14-16 years of age must be accompanied by a guardian for all shifts.
- Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age for the dog team
- We ask for a minimum 6 month commitment for all volunteers
- We require proof of a current tetanus shot
- We require proof of current vaccinations for personal pets
- It will take approximately a month for us to respond to volunteer applications
- Must be available for an interview
Please read the Frequently Asked Questions before completing a volunteer application.
Please click a link below to complete the application in the area you wish to volunteer (you may complete more than one application).
Current Open Positions:
We have several volunteer job opportunities available. Click here for Job Descriptions.
General Volunteer Forms
If you are interested in volunteering with the cat shelter, please fill out this cat volunteer application form.
If you are interested in volunteering with the dog shelter, please fill out this dog volunteer application form.
For General Office or Fundraising/Public Relations positions, please fill out this administrative form.
Management/Board of Directors
For specialized positions within management team and the Board of Directors please click this link: Active Positions
General Volunteer Inquiries
For inquiries and volunteer application submissions, please email: email@example.com