The Etobicoke Humane Society is comprised entirely of volunteers. They are the lifeblood of our organization and the reason we are able to offer services to the hundreds of rescued animals who come to our shelter each year.
There are a few things to consider before filling out a volunteer application:
- Volunteers must be 14 years and up to volunteer on the cat team, 16 and up for the dog team
- Those between 14 and 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult for all cat team shifts
- We require proof of a current tetanus shot
- We require proof of current vaccinations for personal pets
- Must be available for an interview
- It will take approximately a month for us to respond to volunteer applications
Please read the Frequently Asked Questions before completing a volunteer application.
If you are interested in volunteering with the dog shelter, office, fundraising, or public relations please fill out the general application form below.
For specialized positions within managament team and the Board of Directors please click this link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B02RA_QdHacTYUVCb1FpMDVUZmc
If you are interested in volunteering with the cat shelter, please fill out this cat volunteer application form.
We have volunteer positions in the following areas:
- Dog shelter team
- Cat shelter team
- Office team
- Public relations and fundraising team
- Social Media team
For inquiries and volunteer application submissions, please email: