The Etobicoke Humane Society is comprised entirely of volunteers. They are the lifeblood of our organization and the reason we are able to offer services to the hundreds of rescued animals who come to our shelter each year.
There are a few things to consider before filling out a volunteer application:
- Volunteers must be 14 years and up, those between 14 and 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult
- We require proof of a current tetanus shot
- We require proof of current vaccinations for personal pets
- Please provide resume (for office positions only)
- Must be available for an interview and provide references (not including family members)
- It will take approximately a month for us to respond to volunteer applications
If you are interested in volunteering with the dog shelter, office, fundraising, or public relations please fill out the general application form below.
If you are interested in volunteering with the cat shelter, please fill out this cat volunteer application form.
We have volunteer positions in the following areas:
- Dog shelter team
- Cat shelter team
- Office team
- Public relations and fundraising team
- Social Media team
For inquiries and volunteer application submissions, please email:
Or mail your volunteer application to:
Etobicoke Humane Society
67 Six Point Road
Toronto, ON M8Z 2X3
Attention: Volunteer Coordinator