The Etobicoke Humane Society is all-volunteer run and we operate solely on donations. Our surrender policy allows us to schedule surrenders when our volunteer coordinators are available – by appointment only. We require a non-refundable surrender fee for all admissions to defray the costs of a vet check and additional veterinary care.
Cat: $75.00 (non-refundable)
Dog: $120.00 (non-refundable)
You will be required to:
- Provide photo identification
- Provide proof of ownership of the animal
- Bring all veterinary records you have for the animal
- Fill out surrender form
- Read and sign the surrender form to give custody to EHS
You will be required to meet a coordinator at our vet for your appointment. You will be required to:
- Attend the appointment with our coordinator
- Provide all veterinary records you have for the animal
- Pay for additional testing if your animal is not up-to-date on vaccinations/tests
The Etobicoke Humane Society has the right to refuse an animal. Our shelter operates solely on donations and cannot accept every animal that is brought to our shelter. An appointment with one of our coordinators does not guarantee that your animal will be accepted.
If you are interested in surrendering your cat, please complete our online cat surrender form.
If you are interested in surrendering your dog, please complete our online dog surrender form.