The Board of Directors is the governance body of the Etobicoke Humane Society. On behalf of the community, and representing its members, the board provides strategic direction, oversight and links to the community for the organization to be successful in achieving its mission and goals.
The role of the Board of Directors is to provide leadership and oversight of the activities at EHS while balancing the needs of the organization. Board members are elected at the Annual General Meeting which is held within the first six months of each calendar year.
Becoming a Board Member at the Etobicoke Humane Society
- Must be 18 years of age
- Committed to the mission of the organization
- Member in good standing at time of nomination
- Interest in animal welfare
- Experience in governance, finance, strategic planning, communications, philanthropy, human resources, fundraising or operations management
Board of Directors – Current
- Roma DeLonghi, Interim President
Roma joined EHS as Interim President in October 2016. Roma recently retired from a 33 year federal public service career. In addition to her love for animals, she brings with her over 15 years of executive level experience in leading large scale operations and involving significant human and financial resource management. Roma and her husband share their home with two wonderful cats.
- Kevin Pollock, Vice President
Kevin joined EHS as Vice President in June 2016. In 2014 Kevin retired from Mars Inc. after 27 years working in both senior Manufacturing and HR roles in both Canada and the USA. Prior to Mars, Kevin worked for Schlumberger International for 4 years living in Chile, Argentina, Bolivia and Egypt. Kevin and his wife Wendy live in the west end of Toronto where they divide their time between family, consulting work, travel, volunteering, the cottage, and golf.
- Jenis Carter, Treasurer
- Meghan Green, Secretary
- Karen Heaslip, Cat Team
- Diane Wani, Dog Team
- Marka Mihal, Fundraising – Corporate & Grants
- Vacant- Marketing & Public Relations
Board of Director – Positions
- Vice President
- Cat Team
- Dog Team
- Fundraising – Corporate & Grants
- Marketing & Public Relations
For more information, please email: